Monday, July 21, 2008

(blogger's block)

This blog is clogged...due to its writer's inertia. Oh, I've a thousand good reasons for not writing--reveling in the afterglow of Africa, tending to household business, preparing dad for his trip to Oregon--good reasons, you see. But the single biggest factor is that I suffer from my own fear of committing to the words on the page (or screen). (My dear friend Rui is currently suffering from the very same malady--come on, Rui, write that thesis! Let go of the fear and make haste with the words inside of you!) Truth is, I'm in good company with writers the world over. And I'm not writing the greatest book ever written, I'm just trying to be disciplined with this little ol' blog.

Really, I'm pathetic. I've created this fictitious audience inside my head and they're a tough group to satisfy. If I don't write anything, I can't fail them. Ha! I laugh at myself! This blog was born both to chronicle an important phase in my family life AND to get me writing--to help me enter the discipline of consistent writing...audience is icing...

So I whine and make excuses no more!

And I create another post this very moment...

1 comment:

lisa said...

Write, write, write, dearest.

I like all your words!